Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dream 2

I had a dream that I was standing in a barren field of gravel. About ten feet in front of me was a high electric fence and a gray brick wall behind that, the fence stretched as far as the eye could see on either side of me. Next to me was a chain linked fence with barb wire at the top. The fence went straight down until it disappeared in the distance. On the outside of the fence there were high bushes and thick trees, they were perfectly green and secure feeling. I started to walk forward, in between the two fences, when I suddenly came alongside an author.

I instantly recognized him as a famous Christian writer, someone who is greatly admired by many people. He was tall and wore clothes of his own making, even his sandals were his own. This author had a distraught look on his face, I told him to walk with me and he began talking about what he believed and felt. The books this man wrote grasped many flawed arguments and that was the reason for his distress. He came to the realization that his writing and beliefs where not something high, but something fruitless. He claimed foolishness and simple mindedness in those writings.

At that very moment we came upon a hole in the fence. The hole was about eight feet tall and just wide enough for two people or a small automobile. It was green with healthy bushes on both sides, and those bushes were so think it was impossible to see through them. The bushes fluttered over the pathway too, giving it a peaceful and pure sense. The ground lost all traces of the gravel and was instead grass and dirt. This path was perfectly lit, and appeared to have the sun itself waiting at the end. I looked at the author and we both agreed to turn onto the path.

At this my dream ended, that was the second.

No comments: